Tuesday, April 21, 2015

FRENCH BLUE

Around town in Versailles
Above is one of the four entrances to the underground parking garage beneath the famous Place du Marché in Versailles; and this is how they're fitted out. The portrayal of a young Louis XIV (1638-1715), mounted on the agile baroque horse of choice, a Lusitano, was evidently printed on adhesive covering film and then applied to a panel on the small building.  A majestic bleu de France sky frames this reminder that Versailles is commemorating the 300th anniversary of Louis XIV's death.

Vocabulary
tricentenaire:  tricentennial



©2015 P.B. Lecron

3 comments:

  1. Dear P.B. Lecron, I am a french journalist and I would like to contact you about an article you wrote on "Sopi" in 2006. Thanks !
    Jean-Laurent Cassely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the wonderful article. I'm glad your article's very interesting to read, and also helped me tremendously in the development of my thinking for the future. I hope you will continue to meposting articles of interest, because I really like with your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another wonferdul aricle. Where elie could anyone get that kind of information in an ideal way to write? I have a preientation next week, and I am on the iearch for thii information, very helpful. Thii ii my blog driver download

    ReplyDelete